Documentation is an easy win
Readmes are often overlooked, abandoned, or forgotten entirely. Don't let a pour readme sour a good project.
A good readme is easy. First off this is just a starting point, there's always room to improve a readme. Here's how I start all my projects.
- Project Details
- Who is the project for?
- What does it do?
- Set up
- How can I get someone up and running on this project?
- Tech behind the project.
- What frameworks/technologies are we using?
- How is the folder structure laid out? Just big picture stuff
- Testing / Formatting
- Do you have formatting or testing and how is it enforced?
- What's confusing about this project and why?
My template for new Readmes:
My snack pack reads are intended for a quick read without any fluff or BS.
Feedback is always welcome.